Since ancient times, spices have been considered as very powerful ingredients because of their numerous medicinal properties. Black pepper is one of those spices whose properties never cease to amaze us. Especially when used as an essential oil, this one-of-a-kind spice can do amazing things for your overall health and well-being.
THE BENEFITS OF BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
This essential oil has antibacterial, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, carminative, diuretic, laxative, stimulant, and antiseptic properties. These are only some of the advantages of consuming it on a regular basis:
• Fight off infections- the antibacterial properties of this oil can treat insect bites and infections. When regularly consumed, it will cleanse the arteries and decrease the risk of atherosclerosis.
• Prevent damage caused by free radicals- black pepper is known to have the antioxidant properties that can prevent or treat free radical damage and thus, protect you from liver and heart disease, but cancer as well.
• Soothes the stomach– black pepper can increase the hydrochloric acid secretion and thus, better the digestion. Having a healthy digestive system is vital for prevention of colic, diarrhea, and constipation. It will also prevent intestinal gas and encourage sweating and urination, which will result in expelled toxins from the body.
• Benefits the neurological health– one of the main compounds of black pepper, piperine, can lower cognitive malfunction and memory problems.
• Brings respiratory relief– black pepper has the power to alleviate sinusitis and nasal congestion since it can dissolve mucus and phlegm stuck in the respiratory tract.
• Good for the skin– black pepper can treat vitiligo, a condition that causes certain areas of the skin to become white. This is because piperine encourages pigment production.
• Contributes to weight loss– the outer layer of peppercorn contributes to a breakdown of fat cells, which is great for shedding fat and losing weight in a completely natural way.
THE 3 DIFFERENT WAYS OF USING BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
The benefits of black pepper essential oil are conditioned by the way you consume it. Some of the ways for consumption are inhalation, topical application, or ingestion. When inhaled, it will relax the mind and body and lower mental stress and the stress associated with quitting smoking. If you take it orally, for example, by adding it to barbecues, steak sauces, etc. this essential oil will cause urination and sweating, which are great for the body because it removes toxins through these processes. Black pepper will also stimulate bile production in the stomach and result in healthy digestion. When applied topically, together with carrier oil, black pepper will relax the muscles and reduce cramps and pulls. It will also encourage the removal of uric acid from the blood which is great for people who suffer from rheumatism, gout, or arthritis.